Monday, March 25, 2013

Anniversary Weekend

After six years with a partner, you start to realize the little thing in life and how it's not about how big the celebration, but whom you choose to spend it with.

To kick off our six year anniversary, we went potato eating and people watching at the delicious, La Poutine. Simple and sweet way to enjoy our time together. We are a very casual couple and often feel too out of place in super up-tight, expensive retaurants. It's not us, so why choose a place where we both know we'll be uncomfortable?




With our bellies full of freshly cut potatoes, cheesy curds and thick gravy, we waddled over to the Jube to see Billy Elliot. First time for me and for him. Didn't know what to think. I'll need to watch the movie. I've heard mixed reviews between the musical and the movie and from what I heard from the latter, I should have been bawling my eyes out (you know... if I cried).

It was a surprisingly cold and blistery night but we finished our evening with a short walk on Whyte and a few beers at the Pourhouse. We had a groupon. Won't lie. haha.. but it was the perfect night cap. Him and I enjoying the one of our favourite things - beer. Quite the selection... and their playlist for the evening was well done! Ah... He made me laugh until it hurt and tears ran down my face.



Love that man.

Happy Monday!

-E