Thursday, March 21, 2013

throwback thursday: oh, hi there.

There were people that said it couldn't be done, but it has. CW and I are six years strong on Saturday and I couldn't be happier to be with my best friend.

It was the day that Marty Reasoner (remember him?) scored the winning goal to snap what seemed like a 20 game losing streak for the Oilers. My friend Matt and I (also celebrating our 10 year anniversary this year as BFF's!) were at the game. I was a overly happy and wanted to go out and celebrate. Called up my friend Nat and we rushed off to O'Brynes on Whyte. A meer 5 minutes into it, Nat needs to freshen up and I order us some drinks. Wearing my Oiler's shirt, a guy decided to strike up a conversation with me as I order two jack and cokes. We chat, our friends come back and we decide to hang out for a bit. 5 hours later, numbers were exchanged and that was that. CW lived in Calgary at the time so the first year and a half was all back and forth. Finally, he moves back to Edmonton and the rest is history.

Look at us.. we were practically babies then. Especially him. 


2007
2013